31/12/2020 # Home
Lets begin with a small story.
Two years ago in March 2018, the founder of PA, Ravikant was speaking with his mom in India and she was sharing her health concerns. She was suffering from multiple chronic conditions such as thyroid, type-2 diabetes, sciatica pain.
After speaking with his mother Ravi was clueless about how to help her. Though he knew how to fix her issues, he was feeling helpless about her situation as he lives halfway around the globe from her in the US.
He decided to help her through video calls as much as possible. He started calling her everyday teaching her foundational movements and the essentials of having a healthy diet.
After a couple of months she started seeing significant progress in her health. First her sciatica pain was gone then slowly her thyroid and diabetes level went down to normal.
It was Ravi’s biggest achievement. He found a solution which works to cure/prevent chronic diseases. His mother started approaching other family members who had similar problems and started helping them with the same approach. They too started seeing remarkable progress in their health in couple of months
Persistence Athletics now globally helps people suffering from Non-Communicable Disease(NCD) and who are seeking a sustainable approach to cure and prevent it.
Persistence Athletics – “Vision and Mission”
Currently NCD Non-Communicable Disease accounts for 73% of deaths across the world. In India, it results in 63% of all deaths.
Our mission is to create a demand and supply ecosystem with a primary goal to deliver an affordable, accessible, and universally scalable solution for lifestyle diseases.
Our vision is to build a world free of lifestyle diseases for the next generation.
Some Facts about NCDs (Non-Communicable Disease)
Most common NCDs(%**)
- Cardiovascular Disease (CVD)
- Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD)
- Metal Health Conditions
Main Contributing Factors of NCD
- Physical Inactivity
- Unhealthy Diet
- Tobacco Use
- Harmful use of Alcohol
- Air Pollution
Some more facts about NCD
- At least 80% of premature heart disease, stroke and type 2 diabetes, and 40% of cancer could be prevented through healthy diet, regular physical activity and avoidance of tobacco products.
- Cost-effective interventions exist, and have worked in many countries: the most successful strategies have employed a range of population-wide approaches combined with interventions for individuals.
- WHO estimates that a 2% annual reduction in national-level chronic disease death rates in India would result in an economic gain of 15 billion dollars for the country over the next 10 years.
The big problem
- In India, nearly 5.8 (63% of total deaths) million people die from NCDs every year before they reach the age of 70.
- Cardiovascular diseases, accounting for $2.17 trillion, and mental health conditions ($1.03 trillion), will lead the way in economic loss.
- More than 20% of the current Indian population has one or more NCD.
- NCDs kill approximately 41 million people (73% of global deaths) worldwide each year, including 14 million people who die too young between the ages of 30 and 70.
- The macroeconomic simulations suggest that the global economic burden of NCDs will result in cumulative output loss of US$ 47 trillion by 2030.
The Universal Problem
The cure for NCD is not affordable, accessible and scalable.
To be precise, there is no “cure” for NCD that currently exists. Currently, popular measures rely on life-long medication and are expensive.
Progress on NCD prevention and reversal is slow.
Beyond forming new policies, the actual implementation of a solution is non-existent at the ground level.
Our Solution Framework
We found the answer in the form of “work capacity across broad time and modal domains” throughout the lifetime, which was first introduced by Greg Glassman, founder of CrossFit Inc in 2002.
“Eating real food in the right quantity and doing constantly varied functional movement at relative high intensity.”
Our 4 Foundational pillars to our solution framework:
General physical preparedness
Nutrition agnostic approach
Providing an unbeatable sense of accountability
1% better approach in life
Our Unique Feature
“Pursuit is to create a platform to fight and prevent NCD.”
Our unique solution is designed with the below key features in mind and consumed by both the demand and supply side of the market palace.
- Accessible remotely online or via messaging service.
- Can be consumed individually or as a group from anywhere (home/gym/park/workplace/moon/mars etc.)
- Zero initial setup cost by eliminating the entry barrier for the Supply and Demand market.
- Cost is lowered by the factor of 10 as compared to current NCD health care cost
- One solution framework backed by science.
- Scalable to all consumers demographics
Our solution is built in collaboration with the PA Product team located in the United States and India which allows us to utilize our world-class resource and education to address the universal problem. Our vision is to reach one person every second and help prevent Chronic Diseases.