PA Sports PlanSubscription starts at ₹1599 per month
Our approach to strength and conditioning
We elevate an athlete’s performance by increasing his/her Work Capacity across broad time and modal domain. For all of our tests, we measure work capacity in the form of power output. This is the core of testing which is based on simple formula of work and power.
- Work = Force *
- Distance Power = (Force * Distance) / Time
If one’s goal is optimum physical competence, then its extremely important to understand and consider all the general physical skills(or domain)
- Cardiovascular Endurance — The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
- Stamina — The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
- Strength — The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
- Flexibility — The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
Training + Practice
- Speed — The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Power — The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time
- Coordination — The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility — The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
- Balance — The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
- Accuracy — The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Our training model
Phase 1 - Screening
- Screening covers 5 domains, and typically lasts for 2 weeks, which includes collecting, analyzing and reporting the outcomes.
- Objective – To analyze athlete’s movement quality and rank them 1-8 on each modality against each of 8 criteria (Midline Stabilization, Core to Extremity, Range of Motion etc).
– Teach and conduct workouts to improve the modality function to a sound movement pattern.
– Movement analysis of each athlete across different modality.
– Their ranking across each of 8 parameters.
Phase 2- Testing
Testing covers the remaining 5 domains and also various energy systems. It typically lasts for 2 weeks, including collecting, analyzing and reporting the outcomes.
Testing is only valid when it is measurable, observable and repeatable. All of our tests follow scientific approach by this definition and can be performed outside the labs in a gym setting.
– To test athlete’s work capacity across various time and modal domain using our benchmark workouts.
– Baseline each athlete’s work capacity.
– Provide a comparison against a conditioned athlete and an international level athlete.
– Draw scope of improvement using the test results.
Phase 3- Strength & conditioning training
Based on the testing results, a Strength and Conditioning training framework is developed for each athlete.
The Strength and Conditioning training framework takes into account all areas responsible to increase athletic performance of an athlete, and is customized for each athlete based on his/her current work capacity.
– To increase an athlete’s work capacity across broad time and modal domain.
– A report on athlete’s performance comparison against his/her baseline work capacity measured during Testing phase.
– A revised training roadmap, if needed, to ensure it is in alignment with athlete’s goals.