Your Next nutrition habit- “Eat lean protein at each meal”
04/10/2021 # Home
How to get your daily protein? Here are a starter shopping list and some simple tips for your protein.
Over the next few weeks, we’ll show you how protein can help you get leaner, stronger, and healthier — and even better, help you with that “80% full” habit.
Here’s what to focus on today.
Know your protein sources
Here’s what we recommend:
- Lean meat such as beef, pork, wild game
- Poultry such as chicken or turkey
- Fish & seafood such as shrimp or scallops
- Eggs & egg whites
- Cottage cheese or strained plain Greek yogurt
- Protein powder such as whey, egg, vegetarian blends, etc.
- Cooked lentils or beans
- Tempeh or tofu
Of course, other foods have some protein . . . it’s just that these foods above are the high-protein superstars.
How much should you eat?
Eat slowly, to 80% full.
This is the most important part.
But if 80% full is still tricky for you, start with a basic protein portion size.
Look at your palm.
That’s a serving of protein.
Don’t worry about getting it “perfect” right now. (Or ever.)
At every meal, just:
- Choose a protein source from the list above.
- Eat about a palm’s worth of that protein source. (Or until you’re 80% full. Then stop eating, even if you haven’t eaten everything.)
- Once you’re done with your hand, use it to high-five yourself.
Note: If you’re using protein powder, just follow the suggested serving size on the label.
Work with your nutritional level.
Keep it simple and doable.
- Get to know what foods are high in protein.
- Stock up on them and have them handy.
- Work on adding them to your regular menu.
Make it easy.
- If it’s easier to buy your protein sources pre-prepped (e.g. rotisserie chicken, smoked salmon, canned tuna or beans, etc.), do so.
- Choose sources that you like and will eat.
Focus on improving consistency and quality.
- Get that protein at every meal, consistently.
- Experiment with different types of protein.
- Try improving the food quality — for instance, by buying organic or pastured meat, wild-caught fish, free-range eggs, etc.
One meal at a time!
We deliver all of our products and services via phone 📲. All you need is a smartphone. You can experience PA Coaching by subscribing :